Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanksgiving on a weeknight.


Today was an amazing day for many reasons, but mostly because I acted like Rachel Ray for a bit and made Ryan and myself "Thanksgiving Dinner" in 30 min. Sunday the grocery turkey breast were on sale so I figured I could find someway to use them. I made this little meal in literally 30 min. Turkey breast I marinated in italian dressing over night then sprinkled with sage before grilling. I grilled for about 6 minutes on each side. Green beans were super easy, yes they are from a can. I put them on the stove with a chicken bullion cube and let them simmer away for about 25 minutes. Lastly mashed potatoes! I love mashed potatoes almost as much as I love homemade mac and cheese, but now I can make potatoes faster! I bought the steam and mash potatoes! There are amazing and super easy. I followed the directions then added 4 tbs unsalted butter and 1 cup skim milk and mashed away! Ryan liked this dinner and I felt pretty accomplished on a week night. Then to top off all of my cooking I went to a cooking class at Williams-Sonoma! I love that place and I love free cooking classes. We made some awesome scalloped potatoes which I am making this weekend when I go visit my parents! I love to cook and I love my family so I can't think of anyone else I would rather cook for and try new ideas with.

1 comment: