Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Bookshelf



These past few days have been absolutely delightful! I had my 24th birthday, got to spend lots of time with my hubby, went to visit my parents, and took a much needed trip to Ikea! I love all of my birthday gifts equally, but I have special feelings for our new bookshelf. It is going to help fill an empty space between our kitchen and living room. It also has some really practical uses which is probably why Ryan is such a fan! It gives us a place to put our keys and mail right when we walk in from the garage, it also has tons of storage so we can hide some of our crap in it when people come to visit. This piece is also awesome because it matches our entertainment center and coffee table because they are all from Ikea! Ryan and I are also now a professional Ikea assembly team, we have put together all of the pieces that we have. We were able to put this cute piece together in 45 minutes flat from box to placement! I am proud of our Sunday evening project. I also can not wait to decorate this new shelf! I can not wait to fill the bookshelf with baskets and decorate it with some pretty things for Christmas! I really like it because it has all different shaped spaces which gives me the opportunity to buy some fun different baskets!
My next goal is to hang a shutter over this shelf so we can hang cards, invitations, or important mail, like the one below. I think that I will also add a mirror to open and room up and give you a place to check yourself before you walk out the door in the morning, so fun! Too bad the Habitat Restore is closed tomorrow! I guess my shopping adventure will have to wait for Thursday when I am off work!






1 comment:

  1. I basically want the exact same mirror / shutter (or other mail holder) combo but I just don't feel like I have a good place for it. There's a spot in the living room where we drop our keys but I don't know that it will be staying there. I want somewhere cute to stow our important mail where we don't forget about it but its not in a big ugly pile on the table.

    Can't wait to see it all done! Love the shelves & can't believe how good you all are at IKEA building...the pictures with no words is not my strength.

    ReplyDelete