Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas Decorating

Today was overall a pretty great day. Besides being punked by my boss for some goofy not really valid reasons I loved this day! It was so pretty outside I wore my rainbows all day. I also got to hang out with Jenna and Baby Eden, probably the cutest and most happy baby of all time! She can cheer just about anybody up! Look at that super cute smile...

It was also really nice to hang out with Jenna and talk nurse stuff and marriage because she is both married and a nurse! Since I was so close to Hobby Lobby being at The Wilmhoff's I thought I should run out there really quick. I found some awesome things. I bought a little nick-nack for our entertainment center, some ornaments for decorating, and a large B which I am going to paint and use in our bedroom hopefully a project I complete soon. After this fun little adventure I wanted to get some pine cones of my own after reading Jen's blog yesterday. So, with Jenna's advice I went to a little park behind Merrick apartments and found a whole bag full! I used them to make decorations for my new bookshelf

Here is a close up of the tall vase...
This was probably the most simple decoration I have ever made. I thought about painting my pine cones and putting glitter on them, but that will have to wait for now. I just alternated pine cones and different ornaments in the vases. Luckily, I have a bunch of vases from my wedding so now having to buy those saved me a bunch of money. I also bought lights and wreaths to hang outside our house so hopefully I will accomplish that decorating before Thanksgiving! I'll keep you posted :)


2 comments:

  1. I like your decorations Carly! I have loads of pinecones, but no good vases to put them in :( I went to walmart the other day and bought spray paint for them, but a big vase was kind of expensive so I passed on it. How great that you have vases for free from your wedding (or at least they are free now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Those are super cute...I like the idea of mixing ornaments in there too! We need to buy a boatload of pretty, plain, globe ornaments to season up the house soon. We are pretty low on Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete