Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Surprise!

Just a few minutes ago I was working on my third and final ham dish for the week when I heard a knock at the door. I thought who the heck would be at my house this time of day? I walked to the front door thinking oh my gosh we REALLY need a peep hole! I could be getting ready to open the door to a serial killer! Please make note; this is now a STAT Saturday project. Anyway I looked through the front window as secretively as possible and I saw the UPS truck in the street. My initial thought was, "What did Ryan order from eBay?" But no! It was this beautiful package on my stoop!


I briefly thought maybe I should wait for Ryan to open this in case it is some sort of Christmas gift, but I simply could not wait! I tore into this box and I found a beautifully wrapped package with these super fun goodies inside!


A beautiful ruby red mixing bowl, Christmas cookie cutters, and sugar cookie mix! I was most curious about who gave us this gift. It was addressed to Carly and Ryan Brehm. I was pretty positive it was from Ryan's mom because she is fun and sending a spontaneous gift really seems like her personality. I was wrong, it was a late wedding gift! Treat! One of my dad's BFF's from college sent it {well actually his wife sent it}! Super fun! I can not wait to use these things!

P.S. I made creamy ham potato and cheese soup it is the bomb.com! The ham adventure was a complete success!




2 comments:

  1. all those recipes sound wonderful! and it's such a treat to get a present delivered to your door! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a treat! I would be smiling ear to ear if that was on my stoop. How very sweet of them!

    ReplyDelete