Sunday, December 13, 2009

Busy Bee

This weekend was a busy one but I would not have had it any other way! Friday night we had a Christmas Party for Bryan Station High School kids. The boys played Halo and the girls decorated Christmas cookies! It was really fun but also very tiring, I slept will Friday night! Saturday my bible study went out to eat for our annual Christmas dinner! There is one place we always choose...

That's right P.F. Chang's! It was so great to hang out with everyone hear about their lives, talk, and eat really good food! I also want to take a minute to brag on my bible study leader. She is totally awesome every week I have never met someone more patient, loving, or caring toward a group of young women. She always has snacks for us to eat every Thursday and calmly redirects our conversation when we often get off topic during bible study. Her vast knowledge of the bible amazes me I really hope that I can be a mother and leader like she is one day. Also she is the bomb.com to us every year for Chirstmas! And yes she treats us to dinner and we usually get an awesome gift...
the front of the ornament
And the back!

I think this is the most precious gift I have gotten this year! It is from Peggy's Gifts and Accesorites. It is so fun that I got a gift from there because I was just there last week wishing I could afford something in the store! Finally, I made a ham today! Ryan has had this ham since last Christmas from work and he is getting another one this week so it was now or never to make it. I was feeling really scared about making a ham because I know how daunting the task of making a turkey is and I thought they would be similar, boy was I wrong! Our ham was pre-cooked, pre-sliced, and came with its own glaze! It was probably the easiest thing I have cooked in months! I put it in the oven for 2 hours at 250 degrees then took a nap while Ryan watch football. After 2 hours I increased the temp to 425 put the glaze on and cooked for 15 more minutes! It came out looking something like this...

It may have actually looked better but I forgot to take a picture of it before we devoured it! I don't even like ham and I thought it was pretty darn good! It was also nice having our friends Jenna, Holly, Marshall, Eden, and JB over to eat dinner with us! Hope you all had a good weekend too!






4 comments:

  1. Dinner was awesome Carly! Thanks for thinking of us! Lets hang out again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly your ham sounds so delicious! I feel so proud of you for making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful! I like you and visiting your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! I love having people over it makes mine and Ryan's life a lot more exciting!

    ReplyDelete