Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Running Days

I know I know I have been long gone from the blog world. I am so sorry the last week as been super busy. We had a bunch of holiday parties and drove to visit my parents, which I will tell in more detail later but let's just say this Crate and Barrel! Treat* Today I went to the YMCA with my mom and sister. This is really a daily activity for me and my family, but it is different over the holidays. There are tons of people at the gym! This really gets me going I run so much faster and further when someone is running next to me especially someone I don't know. I know that doesn't really make sense but I like to kinda race them in my head. For example see who stops first. Sometimes that is me but I still like the challenge. That being said I ran my little (or big) booty off today. Which is why my foot is currently like this...


The ball of my foot is killing me! I decided to ice it because one tip from Runners magazine is to take care of your body when you are training. I am not really training but I hope to start training in January (maybe) for Lexington's half marathon. But to get me there and keep me in shape while I try I need these!
This is a sensitive subject at my house because Ryan does not believe that you need new shoes until yours have holes in them. In my world my dad who is a major runner gets new shoes about every 6 months, so I am more accustom to that method of thinking. I have had these for over a year and I really would like a new pair. I do not think I am getting any for Christmas, because running shoes are one of those things you have to pick out yourself. But I know what I will do with my Christmas money if I get any! Happy Holiday Exercising to You and Yours!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a psychic but if I had to guess I would say with about 100% certainty that I will definitely not be exercising over my Christmas break but I'm so proud of you for doing it. Will you run a little extra for me!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly - I have those running shoes! Except mine are more of a fuscia color. (I don't know how you spell that color.) Anyways, good running shoes really are important for training because if you have worn out shoes you can get injured. There is a certain number of miles after which you are supposed to get new shoes. (I forget what that number is.) When my sister ran cross country in college she would go through more than 1 pair in a season. Also, you should go to a specialty running shoe store to buy them because they can look at your feet and get you the right kind of shoes (i.e. if you have high arches or flat feet or if your feet pronate etc.).

    Anyways, if you are going to train for a half marathon or do any significant amount of running you definitely need a good pair of shoes. Hope you love this extra long comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen! I will make you my motivation the next time I feel tired running.
    And Anne I have been to John's and been fit for good shoes (I have a wide toe box) so I need mesh around that part of the shoe. Hopefully I can talk Ryan into getting me some since I have increased my mileage lately!

    ReplyDelete